Notes


Note    N626         Index
[Beatties~Jan-00.FTW]

Buried Pond Mills Cemetery

Source: Century Farms
Received the title to Lot 8, together with the Crown Deed which Andrew
(his brother) had received when he purchased the place.

Notes


Note    N627         Index
[Murray.FTW]

After James died, Rose Mary married Harold B. Carnegie 1924-1995.

Notes


Note    N628         Index
[Murray.FTW]

Russell's name is on their grave stone but no dates.

Notes


Note    N629         Index
[Murray.FTW]

Unmarried.

Notes


Note    N630         Index
[Murray.FTW]

John left home in his early twenties and was building bridges for the Great
Northern Pacific Railway in the US. When he got to Seattle he decided to go
to Alaska for gold in 1892. When the strike came, he left his mine in Alaska
and went up river to the Klondike and mined successfully. He came out in
circa 1902. He bought a cement plant in Owen Sound. When the process for
making cement changed from marl to limestone, he interested 2 or 3 Toronto
financiers to invest and then built the plant in St. Marys, ON.

Notes


Note    N631         Index
[Murray.FTW]

She was a graduate of the University of Toronto.

Notes


Note    N632         Index
[Murray.FTW]

Unmarried.

Notes


Note    N633         Index
[Murray.FTW]

She went to the Bishop Strachan School in Toronto, the University of Western
Ontario, the Sorbonne University in Paris, France and the Ontario College of
Art, Toronto. She has her B.A., Order St. John.

Notes


Note    N634         Index
[Murray.FTW]

Donald went to Appleby College in Oakville, McMaster University and Brock
University, Handel University in Stockholm Sweden and the University of
Western Ontario. He has his B.A., H.B.A., M.B.A.

Notes


Note    N635         Index
[Murray.FTW]

Marshall went to Appleby College in Oakville, McMaster University and Brock
University. He has his B.A., H.B.A. They live in Oakville, ON.

Notes


Note    N636         Index
[Murray.FTW]

She went to St. Mildred's Lightbourne School in Oakville, Ontario College of
Art in Toronto and Ryerson Collegiate in Toronto.

Notes


Note    N637         Index
[Murray.FTW]

They lived in South London, ON. Duncan spent some of his retirement years as
a salesman for the Westminster Mutual Fire Insurance Company.

Notes


Note    N638         Index
[Murray.FTW]

John went to Ridley College and the University of Western Ontario (P.Mgr),

Order of St. John.

Here is his obit published in the Globe and Mail on June 21, 2018:
John Marshall Lind - A Tribute
By Indy21
By Mary Smith
John Marshall Lind, formerly of St. Marys, died at his home in Campbellville, Monday, June 18, 2018, age 82. The Lind family has been interwoven with the history of St. Marys for more than a century. In 1912, John Grieve Lind was one of the founders of the St. Marys Cement Company, an industry that has provided employment for generations of local and area residents. Although most of the original company directors were based in Toronto, J. G. Lind chose to make St. Marys his home, bought a house and raised his family here.
He died in 1947 and was succeeded by his son, John S. H. Lind, just returned from service overseas, leaving the army with the rank of brigadier. When John S. died in 1980, his son, John M. Lind, had already assumed the position of manager, thus becoming the third generation Lind to head the company in St. Marys. He earned this position. His father required him to work through the ranks to get a complete understanding of the industry. When St. Marys Cement celebrated its 75th anniversary in 1987, John M. Lind, now company Vice-President, Cement Operations, welcomed the community to an open house and tours of the plant. This event was an example of John M.’s belief that the cement company and the community had become mutually beneficial and supportive.
During his life in St. Marys, John M. supported and was involved with such organizations as St. John Ambulance, community parks development and local sports. He served on the St. Marys Memorial Hospital Board and was chairman from 1991 to 1994. He was always a strong healthcare advocate, at both the local and provincial level.
In 1997, St. Marys Cement was sold to Blue Circle America Inc. The withdrawal of the Lind family from front-line management of the company was a source of regret for many. In retirement, he established a new home in Campbellville on the Niagara Escarpment - another limestone area. He enjoyed returning to St. Marys and meeting former cement plant employees. Until a few years ago, he always attended the hospital’s annual fundraising golf tournament, presenting the major award, the Lind Trophy. He and his four children established a family foundation and through it, the Lind generosity is perpetuated.
Mayor Al Strathdee, a long-time friend of the family, remembers the Lind home at 109 Wellington Street North as warm and hospitable. Strathdee stated: “John M. Lind contributed greatly to the community of St Marys over the years. He carried on the proud legacy of the Lind family making countless donations to our community and to many families in need. He was a kind soul and a gentleman who was a friend to many, and will be missed by many in our community.”